Friday, September 19, 2008

An Angel in White

I attended an official baptism of one of girlfriend's baby girl. I had no idea what went into this ceremony. From the baby dressed immaculately in a white christening baby gown in white with lace, she looked like an angel. I felt so overwhelmed with emotion to see something so beautiful and, pure. All I heard was the little whimpers of this tiny little baby when they sprinkled the holy water on her head. I think the husband's family was so into this ceremony. I had really no idea what was going on. Even though I think I was baptised, I wasn't familiar with the whole process. I just know that everyone was so solemn standing up there dressed in their best, as the priest read his prayer. I was relieved when we hit the reception. Not so serious, and, the baby slept through the whole thing in my arms, so precious!

No comments:

Share!